Friday, January 20, 2012

Periodic Freak Outs are No Big Thang

This is me not on marathons

I keep reminding myself that I said no more full marathons.
No more full marathons.
No more full marathons.

I have a slew of Spring races from 5K to 10 Milers to do.
I have 3 half marathons to train for in 2012 that I want to attempt my sub 2 hour..
So why do I start going nuts when I think about 'when does marathon training start' only to realize that ... it doesn't.
And then I think...oh just one more...I don't have to tell anyone...
And then I realize that that is beyond ridiculous...who does a marathon and not scream from the rafters that a) you're training and running a bazillion miles and b) you finished the marathon and are still alive

Isn't that why Facebook, Twitter and blogs were invented in the first place?  Or is that just me?
:O)

And then I go and read Last Mile Lounge this morning and there is Jamoosh already talking about doing more marathons when I thought he was gonna quit too :)

And he taunts me with his Go Big or Go Home mentality! 

I don't know who I am without training for a marathon.

And I get a bit freaked out that when KW starts back up that I have to at least start out the run with the 2:00 half marathon group, hold on as long as I can, and hopefully hold on a bit longer as the weeks go by...

And I am freaked out that tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have to be anywhere before the crack of dawn.
So much so that I am finding people to run (not many mind you) and they want to, but not at 6am.
Huh?  Why not?
Me no comprende.

I have a lot of really fast friends and they're running ... but I can't keep up with those show offs!  :O)

I know that I am in no danger of signing up for any Fall marathons (that I know I will never do again), but what worries me (already) is that I won't be able to resist the draw of training for Houston again.

I already know I have a spot if I want it, which makes it even harder...
When the time comes will I be able to stand my ground...?

I am going to do everything in my (will)power to ward off the evil lure and seduction of the full marathon from me and my mind! 

They say 'resistance is futile', but I am hoping to prove that wrong...

1 comment:

Mel said...

I had the same reaction when I said no more. Especially after I downgraded for SA. I had to be restrained pretty much, because I was seriously considering upgrading for Whiterock.

In hindsight, it was a good idea not to, not even including the race day weather.

I'm going to be firm with mine. At least until 2013, even then, I think I am done with it.