Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day After Marathon? Nope.


You would think that this would have applied to me after marathon.
However I haven't actually been this sore day after marathon for quite some time.  Like maybe only after my first.  Once you learn that ice baths, lots of water, and rest are your best friends within a few hours of finishing, you are much better off.

However yesterday...I had my first legs strength training with K at HG.  I refused for him to train me on legs until after these marathons were over, and when I'm right, I'm right.

I could barely get out of bed this morning, walking is painful, and forget about having to sit back down after being or having to sit down to go to the bathroom.   And having to walk down stairs at home and in the parking garage is a joke.

Its excruciating I tell you.  Excruciating.  You would think that someone that can run miles and miles, hours upon hours that a short session with her trainer wouldn't do much damage.  Ha!  Whole different ball of wax, and I love it.  I will love it more when I don't hurt so bad though.  :O)  Thankful I ran my miles before our session and we'll just continue in that fashion fo sho.  Tonight there will be NO running, just upper body weights (chest and shoulders) so that part of my top half matches my bottom half.  :O)

When I see K tonight, he'll be pleased that I am in agony I'm sure :O)

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

Ouch! I felt that way after my 1st session of Insanity. It's a good feeling, but definitely better to run beforehand!