Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recovery Run - Kenyan Way - 6 Miles

Well we were supposed to have temps in the 50's today and I was so excited however I was met with 65deg and humidity this morning!  Gah!  Stupid weather people! 

I am beginning to wonder if it will ever be cold again here!!!

Even though I could have slept in and ran 6 on my own, I didnt want to have to carry my handheld or depend on myself to actually do the mileage and not cut it short.

So I showed up, and started off with the 4:15 group hoping that my quads would cooperate.

And cooperate they did.  That is not to say that I could still feel 'junk' in there but I just tried to put it out of my mind and knew that I just needed to go 3 miles of the 10 mile route, turn around and head back.

Overall I felt surprisingly good and kept a good pace, picking it up 2 miles from base. I had switched my iPod over to my faster playlist, and with about a mile left Blondie came on with "One Way or another...I'm gonna get cha..."  Something I havent written about yet is that this is the song that came blasting on my iPod with about 800m to go in the Chicago Marathon last weekend.  When it came on this morning, thoughts came flooding back with a vengance of how I was feeling at that time just 6 short days ago.  It was very emotional during that time knowing that I was so close to it being over...and it definitely added some 'fuel' this morning as I picked up the pace just a bit more.

The only thing that I noticed this morning (after I was done) that I havent felt in quite some time was knee pain.  Not terribly painful but a bit of just uneasiness that makes me think I need to possibly start wearing the patella bands again just to be on the safe side.  I have beat my body up a lot these past few months and I need to be cautious so that nothing crops up between now and Dallas White Rock.

Peace out!

No comments: