Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Friday Morning Run In Chicago

Early Friday morning I woke up and Tracey was sacked out so I put on my running clothes and went out for a short run through a part of downtown Chicago.

These are a few of the pictures I snapped along the way.



Running up Michigan Ave towards Jackson and Columbus (where the open corral is)





Corner of Jackson and Columbus (where the front of the open corral is)




Running up State Street.  Thats the "El" (the elevated train) which ran right by our hotel, the Renaissance at Wacker and State/Lake



The BEAN!  Which I never got to see last year for some reason considering where its at, I just was a loser and never noticed it!  More photos of this in another post as Tracey and I visited it after the Expo and took some pictures.


HUGE Marilyn Monroe!  She wasn't there last year, only coming to Chicago this past year, so I was excited to see her in all her glory!

It was a nice little run where I just ran, took in some sights, waved at other runners and enjoyed the morning.  The colors there of the trees are just so beautiful this time of year.  We Texans don't get to see pretty colors like that!  And this year, the leaves changing and falling are due to drought, not to cooler temps!  :O(

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love Chicago. I ran there a couple of summers ago and LOVED that part of it too. Great photos, glad you had a good time