Monday, May 23, 2011

Kenyan Way - Long Run - 12 Miles

78deg
90% humidity

Yep.
Summer is back and I still can't figure out why in the hell I am doing this again!?!?!?  :O)

Started out a bit before because the route this week was only 10.5 miles, and I know myself well enough that I wasnt going to do it after the route with the group.

Cari and I started out before the group.  I stayed with her 98% of the time, only stopping to walk a time or two to let the HR drop.

Averaged 10:40 for the mileage.  Actually a bit faster than I really should be doing on these long slow distance training runs, but I would like to be able to stay at that once my long run mileage goes over 15 miles (will happen mid-June).

I just have to keep my mind right, and that the weather is what it is and it will all be OK in September and October... :O)

I took yesterday off from running as planned; but this morning my legs are killing me.  Working all weekend on my feet added to the soreness that seems to have taken up residence in my quads.

Tonight might be a run/walk session.  I set the alarm to get up this morning to knock out the 5 miles under the cover of darkness, but it just didnt happen.  Let me clarify that:  the alarm went off, I just didnt get up.  :O)

Looking forward to a great week with plans with several different people, PLUS I have something else exciting happening this week...which is a secret... :O) :O) :O)   (oh and there is NO work this coming long holiday weekend!!!)

No comments: