Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In Case You Didn't Know...


Well sorta.  I mean the KW official Fall marathon training program started this week, but since I have been keeping my running up and my longer runs at 9-10 miles every Saturday, I am pretty much just still going to be in maintenance mode through May.

When entering in my information into the db to get my training schedule (miles, paces, workouts), I did a couple of things differently:  5 days of running (as opposed to 6) and then I selected for the adj feature due to heat/humidity.  This allows my paces to be a bit more 'relaxed'.  I am still going to train for that 4:20 (actually 4:19) marathon time, which is completely doable given that I dont get handed another crappy weather situation on race day :O) 

I am super duper excited for training and its finally kicked in that I have a very busy summer (Fall and Winter too!) coming up and that my Fall/Winter marathon trifecta (3 marathons in 3 months) hopefully will become a reality!  I know I will have Dallas White Rock (registration opens June 1), its just getting in to Houston that I won't know about for a bit longer.  Actually now that I think about it...I think I might know next week if I get a HARRA entry or not due to club points; I know the deadline for applying is Sunday.  If I don't get in, I will have to find another January marathon (USAFit Marathon comes to mind even though that was a DISASTER (half) marathon for me this year).

Anyway, point being is that I am still extremely excited about training, and while I still waffle on some days (when its REALLY hot) about the fact that I am doing Chicago again (and training in the heat/humidity after I SWORE I wasnt going to this year), I am 98% super excited!

Anyone else out there training yet for a Fall marathon?

******************************************************

In other news....there's this situation...


...but its paying off big time (I think)...new post coming in regards to this forthcoming...

 
And this....





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just posted something similar! I start my half training in 3 weeks for the Chicago RnR Half! Good luck in training!

Xaarlin said...

I also just posted something similar. I start the chicago marathon training in a month...

Good luck!