Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has not Sprung...Its REALLY Cold Out There!!!

So I figured I could blog a bit!
I managed to get out and drop off 3 huge bags of clothes to donate to Goodwill.
Did the grocer thing; although I thought I didnt need much somehow I still spent over $60 (but I did get Annies Mac&Ch for .99 a box!! whoa!!  thats incredible deal)...sigh...I thought about buying stuff to make another crock pot vegetarian chili, but then remembered I had put away 2 small containers of it in the freezer the last time!  Yay!    In other news, my most most most favorite pair of jeans, my very first pair of Lucky jeans...are just too big...Today I was able to put them on (and take them off) without unzipping or unbuttoning.  They still stay up if you dont hop around...so I did wear them anyway to do errands...I just cant bear to part with these...I figure in another 2-3 weeks I wont be able to wear them...I am going to try and shrink them again though.

I plan to get on the bike trainer at some point today and do about an hour.  Maybe... :)

Yesterday I made my first batch of sweet potato fries!

I cut a sweet potato into strips on Friday night and put them in a baggie with a bit of EVOO, salt, pepper and paprika, put them in the fridge to marinate overnight and through the day


Then I took them out and spread them out on a piece of foil on a pizza pan
But first I put them in the microwave (in the bag) for about 3 min


Baked them on 425 for about 25-30 min...You could hear the sizzling and the smell was wonderful!

While they were cooking I made myself a Black Bean burger with all the trimmings of veggies

hummus, snow peas, squash, purple onions and also spinach (not shown)

I also made a sour cream/pesto dip sauce for the fries!


It was to die for!!!  I just used fresh pesto; added it to a bit of SC to taste (depending on how much pesto you like!  I like a lot!)



It was fantastic!  The sweet potato fries were delish!  I had some left over and had them with an 'bowl' egg this afternoon on top of an english muffin.

4 comments:

Mel said...

The dipping sauce looks awesome, I will have to try!

My fav spice blend for sp fries is garlic powder and cayenne pepper. YUM!

Junie B said...

thanks for the idea! definitely doing that this week!!! i ALWAYS have cayenne and garlic around here!!!

Gaslight ;-) said...

Looks good! Next time sprinkle a little cayenne on the fries, too!

Gaslight ;-) said...

Whoops, didn't even see Mel's comment. :-)