Sunday, March 21, 2010

Veggie Chili! Its Whats for Dinner!

As I posted earlier I had put away 2 little containers of the vegetarian chili I made here while back.
I also cooked up a pot of cous cous today to have for the next couple of days...
I added a little can of chopped black olives to it; made it different, but yummy!
I put one cup of the cous cous on the bottom...

I sliced 1/2 an avocado on top and sprinkled with pepper flakes

Then topped that with about  (less than) 1 cup of the chili!


Sliced up 4 olives and added some feta cheese and 1 slice of a sandwich thin (50 cal) on the side
After mixing it all together it sort of reminded me of some version of tabouli!  Junie B style!

Then I had a bit of something sweet for a dessert.
1 piece of dark chocolate mint 3 Musketeers (75 cal)



In other news, I checked the mail today and inside was an envelope from my doctor at UT Physicians.
My test results from last week...
And all my levels are all PERFECT!!  That hasnt happened since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism back in 2004!!!  With the change of meds back in late October, I have been feeling so great, but had to wait 3 months of taking them before being tested again...He also made a note that 'keep up the great work with your diet and exercise regime.  You are doing fantastic!'

1 comment:

clay said...

Glad to hear you got such positive results! Keep up the healthy lifestyle!