Friday, March 19, 2010

Three Things Thursday

I don't normally partake in 'trends' on blogger, but this one I kinda like...so my first post on Three Things Thursday....
  1. I have turned a corner.  And by that I mean a REAL corner.  Not as it pertains to running, although that too kinda, but the kind of corner where I don't feel constant regret for a specific past mistake.  I dont even really think about it anymore, except for this week when I realized I wasnt...weird huh?  But funny.  I was like ha!  I am so damn happy I cant stand it!  I chalk this up to healing as I saw fit, even if it meant shutting myself off from time to time, to my wonderful friends, both near and far, who never judged but knew the truths and loved me anyway, and who gave me my space and never questioned me, but yet allowed me to talk if and when I saw fit.  It just kinda snuck up on me...and another honest opinion, I think that so many things that are going right in my life, are due completely to the fact that I have completely turned my life around.  Its been slowly but surely evolving and maybe the last couple of years, I fell off the track to be sure, but not completely...I was still making changes along the way, it just wasnt till I had had enough that things really started coming together for me.
  2. My job is like the best.  I dont discuss my job online for obvious reasons, but honestly, getting this job, regardless of stature or pay, I truly truly LOVE getting up in the morning and coming here.  I dont like to miss work either...I use to want to miss all the time...even at STG, but not anymore.  I think the only other way I would enjoy my job more is if a) I didnt have to work :o), b) I ran for a living c) was certified to coach/train/personal fitness etc.  I have been here 8 months now and it just seems like yesterday...and I still dont know everything which is completely awesomesauce!  Because it means I still have lots to learn, and I love that!
  3. After more thought, I decided that I am kinda awesome.  I mean, come on...I ran my fastest half marathon ever on Sunday, drove 4 hours home, worked out and ran like a crazed woman on Tuesday, then last night I run 11 miles and honestly..it didnt FEEL like I had;...till this morning...I was just really sleepy and a little achey.  And because I am so awesomesauce, I allowed myself some popcorn today.  With butter  :o)  Honestly, since all I had was a 'green monster' last night after those miles etc., I have been extremely hungry today...well not hungry, but wanting something I dont usually allow myself to have cause its a 'trigger' food.  I have 3 of those:  ice cream, popcorn, and chips.  So today I 'rewarded' myself with one of them.  It was truly fantastic too.

5 comments:

NY Wolve said...

Wow, that is a ray of sunshine post. I am glad so many positive things are going on. Remember them when things are not all ice cream and popcorn!

JunieB aka AwesomeSauce! said...

BTW, if anyone is wondering, I had the popcorn as my treat. with buttah!

clay said...

Nice uplifting post! There is nothing better in life than being able to enjoy your job! Keep up the positive attitude!

Fe-lady said...

I guess I would like a job where I could spend it on-line and blogging! Where can I get a job like that?
HA!

Unknown said...

This post makes me smile. Luv u!