Monday, March 29, 2010

Stress, Life and the Effect on a Healthy Eating Lifestyle - Sunday 3/28/10

While eating healthy while on the road for whatever reason presents its own challenges, but I tell ya, this week at home has presented its own challenges...

I have found myself opting NOT to eat as opposed to eating crap...Monday night and yesterday were a prime example of that...Monday night was finding out right after hills that Mom had had a stroke, and yesterday after the 8K race, I then raced home after spending SOME quality time with my runner peeps, to get ready to head to the hospital.  Once there, it was just one thing after another and once I finally decided to go find myself maybe a cheese sandwich or something, the hospital food court there had closed.  So having a bit of oats pre-race, to going without anything till about 5:30. 

Then this morning/today I kind of made the same mistake again...I had some cereal before meeting a friend at Memorial, then going for a coffee, and having a Kind bar...then I wanted to lay by the pool (taking a day off from hospital), and then I needed to run out and order a birthday cake...so now its after 3 and I just had some food...but at least I am cooking so that I have some things to actually eat that are already fixed...A usual Sunday...

I didnt really need any groceries, just needed some Silk, oats, trail mix and some more Oikos, so I started rummaging through the fridge for something to throw together....ooohh...2 green bellpeppers...and here is some brown rice, and look at that!  A can of black beans and some fire roasted diced tomatoes....stuffed peppers it is!!

Threw in some feta into the rice and black beans

Tastes yummy just like that!!

Into the crock pot you go!!!

Pour on some diced fire roasted tomatoes, put the lid on and gonna cook on Low for about 6 hours!
I have never made this; well I have made stuffed peppers before but always with meat...so I just hope these turn out yummy...or at the very least edible!!

No comments: