Saturday, March 27, 2010

Law Week 8K

The last time I ran this race was back in 2008 and I ran it in 53:06.  Today, suffice it to say was much better, but honestly not as good as it could have been...Very tired from the events of the week etc...but I managed to still pull out a decent time I think.

Mile 1: 8:50
Mile 2: 9:07 (first set of hills)
Mile 3: 9:18 (stopped for water after the turnaround)
Mile 4: 9:26 (was losing it here after all the hills on the front and back side of the course, they were catching up with me)
Mile 5: 8:33 (very proud of this!)
.08 : 8:32 pace

Garmin showed just about 1/10th of a mile over the 8K (which should be 4.97 miles) but this may be due to me correcting my position on the course to TRY and stay on tangent.

Average pace: 9:02
Garmin distance: 5.08 miles
Garmin/Chip time: 45:58
+7min PR on the distance/course

My goal was to get as close to 46:00 minutes as I could, and I would even have been happy with 47:00, again because I didnt think I was going to have much to give today.  When I made the last turn and saw the clock, knowing I had started about 10-15 sec than gun time, I scraped as much as I could at the time to bring it in UNDER 46:00.

I was really disappointed that I lost so much time in the 4th mile, but man I knew I had to slow down or I was going to have more issues once I hit the flat on the final stretch to the finish...

I am really looking forward to the 5K I have coming up in a couple of weeks.  I had thought about doing a 25K trail run up in Huntsville, but I think doing the 5K is better for me at this time...marathon training for Chicago is not far off...no need to do a long ass trail run when I've never done one before.  Going to do Tour de Bayou throughout April so that will give me some trail running (plans are to do an Ultra in April 2011)...

Now off to the hospital to visit with Mamacita!!!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Great run girl! You had some awesome splits. Say hi to Mom for all of us. :)

NY Wolve said...

All things considered, a good race. I am sure it is hard to focus right now...

Anonymous said...

In case I didn't tell you enough on Saturday (and Sunday), you look fantastic. I could just eat you up you look so good.