Wednesday, March 17, 2010

KW, PIM, Lost Key and 11 miles for a Freakin' Wednesday

Long story, so here are Cliff notes.

Was to run 6 easy before PIM.  After 2nd loop I realize I lost my car key.  Run 3 more miles to look for it.  Nothing.

Run another mile to Tennis Center to see if someone turned it in.  Nope.

Run to PIM.

Do 2 miles with PIM.  Look at Tennis Center again.  Nope.

Called Toyota.  Go there first thing in the morning to get new key.

Will Nash crawled on top of car to get in through the open sun roof, unlock door, get all my crap out.  Trish brings me home.  Vic is gonna pick me up in the morning to take me to Toyota.  SteveS is gonna pick me up at Toyota and bring me back to car.

Then I can go to work.

So 11 miles on a freakin' Wednesday.  And I have 15 miles to run on Saturday.  Me thinks I wont be running tomorrow OR Friday....  :O)

I looooooooooooove all the running community for coming to my aid in my hour of need!  Now if someone who found the key would just turn it in...and hopefully my car will still be there in the morning :)

The bright spot?

I ran 11 miles on a freakin' Wednesday and TRUST me when I tell you miles 6-9 were done FAST looking for that key around that loop!  :)  Oh and I also found out that 3 of my other friends from KW are also running Chicago...gonna be a fun fun time in Chi-Town in October!

8 comments:

clay said...

Sorry you had so much trouble with the car keys but 11 miles is a good deal out of it! Nice running!

Junie B said...

eh it all worked out! thank goodness for such wonderful running buddies carting me around this morning! got a new key (and it worked) and still made it to work by 8:15 :o)

Mel said...

glad it all worked out, although it sounds stressful.

I did the same thing a few years ago. Lost the key, but it got dark before I could find it. I was stranded at the park with no one I knew, no cell, no nothing. Finally some strangers let me use their cell and they drove me to my sister's house, where my sister drove me home to get another key. It was horrible. Thank goodness the older couple helped me, because at dusk, there wasn't a whole lot of people I would have trusted!

Junie B said...

you know you would think...but for some reason i wasnt stressed..i guess because i had so many people helping...even SW offered to drive me home :o) had it not been for that, then yeah i would have been FREAKING OUT!! ;o)

ps i am on the waiting list for the half marathon in april, apparently its sold out...sigh...

Anonymous said...

i hope your key turns up!

are you by any chance running the chicago half marathon on aug. 1? i'll be there!

Junie B said...

PBF, no :( Only in Chicago in October ... unless i win the lottery and then yes! :O)

Unknown said...

I lost my key years ago at the Turkey Trot. Amazingly, we retraced our steps and actually found it!!

saroy said...

Oh, the comment above was me -- accidentally was logged in as my tri club. :)