Saturday, March 20, 2010

KW Long Run

Not a stellar run, but I really didnt expect one either.  The race 6 days ago, and then between some short miles and hard workout, plus an extended run (11 miles) on Wednesday my legs were just dead.  I decided about 4 miles into it, that I was turning around at the 6 mile mark and settling for 12 miles today.  Quality (if you can call it that) over quantity.  Yeah I could have pushed through it, but why?  Also the route today was one that has a big hill (man made) it in, both coming and going, plus the rolling hills along the path down TCJester to 610...not to mention the invasion of gnats that were so prominent, people looked like they had chia seeds ALL OVER THEM..they were out in full force and made for a lot of spitting and wiping them from your eyes.  Blech.  Very humid out, so working up a good sweat was good...temps were warmer (56ish) than it has been of late..sign of things to come...

My avg pace came out to 10:30, not quite what I have been doing them in, but considering my dead legs, I count it as a win.  And thankfully just as I was finishing up, the rain started...and as of right now, hasnt stopped.

Got home, made me a 'green monster' and then headed out for the bank, getting my nails done, going to the park to see if my keys and alarm clicker had been turned in (negative), then having some work done on my car (blech.  $150+ later; I hate spending money on my car, but it needed it all, so I cant complain and at least my inspection is done as well...)

Now I am home, and just made an omelette (hybrid of tons of veggies and added in feta cheese and kalamata olives)...scarfed that up real quick like!  I was starving!!  p.s. I took a picture but havent uploaded all the latest yet...

I am going to chillax and hopefully take a little nappy nap before the evening is here before I know it and time to head out...

7 comments:

Divas said...

OOh, what's a green monster? Sounds interesting! I have a crush on kalamatas. Bought some of the spread today to go with crackers and bread!
I feel your pain on the car situ. I had $1000+ repairs on mine this past week. =(

Junie B said...

yeah if i could i would marry a kalamata! i love WFM (and others) have the olive bar now where you can pick and choose olives to buy. I usually buy a bit of the kalamatas and the big green ones that are marinated in spices every week to use in different recipes ... i also like to slice a few in half and place on the top of my hummus that i use as a spread on my veggies sammichs! adds some extra punch!

Junie B said...

oh and i will post a pic of a green monster and how i make my particular one tomorrow on the blog...its basically a smoothie but with about 2 cups of fresh spinach blended in!

clay said...

Have fun tonight and nice run! Always good to chillax

NY Wolve said...

Make me feel like a slacker, struggling through my ten, when you do a midweek 11 and Saturday 12! Love olives too. Love them stuffed with garlic or a jalapeno.

Unknown said...

I love me some Green Monsters! Gotta get a new blender. Oh and love the olives too...yum!!!

junieb said...

that was struggling through TWELVE :)