Monday, March 1, 2010

Food Chronicle Day 5 + Workout

Breakfast (8:30)
2 eggs scrambled w/ salsa verde
grits

Lunch (12:00)
Spinach salad w/ pasta shells and chick peas
Cup of noodle soup from the cafeteria (actually it was chicken noodle, but I picked out the chicken and threw away)....35 days left of Lent :o)

Snack (2:45)
Overnight oats with blueberries and cinnamon

Dinner
Not hungry, but forced myself to have blindfolded eggs (no sandwich thin this time around though; just the eggs and spinach)

Glad to be back at work as its much easier for me to eat on schedule.  The weekends, not so much; I am just going and going and going with so much to do etc.; must try harder to make sure I have fruit with me or something in the car...

Workout
The day just started out badly since it was basically a freaking hurricane when I had to leave for work, I couldnt even walk to my car in my shoes due to the standing water and everything pouring down; so I go back inside, put on rubber boots, put shoes in gym bag, but still it was SO badly raining and windy that I was a mess by the time I got to my car (sucks too because I had my cute new blond self all cute for a Monday :o)).  That and the fact that I just really didnt feel like waiting till 6 or 6:15pm to work out. 

So since I had brought my stuff to work for the gym (in case hills got cancelled this evening as well (they were this morning)..I could at least know by the time I leave work and opt for the gym.  Well I looked outside at 3pm and there were ominous looking storm clouds coming and coach had said it might be cancelled too, so I just was going to do what seemed right and makes me comfortable today and that is to get my miles and a hill workout done on the treadmill.

Actual:
1 mile warm up on 1% incline

3 min at 2%
3 min at 4%
3 min at 6%
4 min at 0% (increased speed)
Repeat

3 min at 8%
1 mile cool down at 1% (increased speed)

Then I got on the legs machines and did 3 sets of 8 on each; 3 machines total.
3 sets of 8 on squats with weight bar on shoulders

Oh and the scale moved!  Down 1.2 more lbs.  Not sure what that plateau was all about...but then somehow I did something to the scale this morning, after I weighed like 4 times in a row to make sure it was right :o), so now it shows a starting number of 5.8

I need to figure out how to reset it or I will always be subtracting 5.8 which is annoying.

One last thing:  on an older post I disabled the comments and hid the existing ones, since for whatever reason 'people' kept coming back and going straight to THAT post and THOSE comments...This way I feel like I am doing them a favor by giving them back precious minutes of their day :o)

*****************************************

Is anyone else glad that the Olympics are over?  I sure am.  It was fine up until about this past Wednesday, then I was just over it for the most part.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I have to stop reading your blog on an empty stomach. Diet logs make me hungry!