Thursday, March 11, 2010

Eat Organic When You Can!

The highest pesticide foods known as the Dirty Dozen include: peaches, apples, bell peppers, celery, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, kale, lettuce, imported grapes, carrots and pears.

The Clean Fifteen: onions, avocados, sweet corn, pineapples, mangos, asparagus, papayas, watermelons, broccoli, tomatoes and sweet potatoes.

Now I dont know why tomatoes are on the clean fifteen list because unless you buy them at your local farmers market, you're getting methane gas sprayed on them...I guess since its not a pesticide?  Who knows...Thankfully out of the dirty dozen the only things I eat often are bell peppers, carrots and apples.  And well on the clean fifteen, I eat ALL of that ALL of the time!  So yay for me because I totally did not know this list(s).

Anyway, just a list I thought I would post for those that care to know...

***************************************************************

And as a side note...as I was running at the park yesterday, in the 80 deg temps, I am always boggled by the people that wear long pants, velour workout wear, COTTON tshirts (even if its a ridiculous tshirt from some race), or long sleeves...and they aren't just all walkers, some are actually running to some degree of effort...

If you want to at least 'look' like you know what you're doing...unless its a tech/dri fit shirt from a race entry you might want to not wear it to actually run in...just my .02.  And when you're so damn wet from sweat that its stuck to you like glue and hanging past the hem of your shorts, weighing about 3 lbs extra...you'd think you would have a clue...oh and if you're not sweating in it, then you aren't running hard enough ;o)

And PS you aren't going to get thinner or fitter by sweating more because you got all those clothes on (or that astronaut looking thing you somehow found from the 70's of Lets Get Physical or something...)

5 comments:

T- said...

Darling June:

I think you should talk to us about shoes....For example: Should I spend the extra hundred bucks for the Nike Air Max? Is it true that you shouldn't wear "shocks" on the eliptical?

Inquiring minds :)

Junie B said...

T: i will do a post on shoes in the next few days; just for the inquiring minds! however i will answer your specific question now:

NO. DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON NIKE AIR MAX SHOES (nor the Shox). Not for running certainly!!!! I dont know of any reason why you shouldnt wear those types of shoes on an elliptical as I have never heard that nor could I find anything online when i researched..

If you MUST have those shoes for whatever reason (usually people want them for the looks; and I think they're ugly especially on girls), then go ahead and buy them; wear them to the gym, or to the movies or whatever, but DONT RUN IN THEM. I mean you can, but you're wasting your extra $100 when you can get a MUCH better shoe for less...take that $100 and buy something else, like a HR monitor or something :o)

Nike has a shoe called a Air Max Moto that is a better choice (and is much cuter)...and a bit more 'stability'...but considered a neutral shoe, but is a lot like my Triax, which is generally recommended for those with high arches and need a durable everyday trainer.

The Air Max is just a shoe, with no real idea of what its for, i.e. pronaters, over or under, stability, neutral...etc. its just a shoe ... and its mostly for padding and comfort i suppose and if you want to be fast or faster, then dont buy this shoe!!!

T- said...

Oh, very good. I'll look into the Moto and Triax. Headed to Luke's this weekend to get fitted. Thank you :)

JunieB said...

Im just trying to figure out who you are ;o) ... I thought I knew, but then I looked at your blog and wasnt so sure anymore ...ha!

But anyway, Lukes can tell you whats best, and it might not even be a Nike!! I am going to get new Triax on my way home tonight as a matter of fact...

saroy said...

Yesterday when I was out running, I ran past a guy going the other way who was running in cargo shorts. That just can't be comfortable!?!