Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dallas Rock N Roll Half Marathon

Excellent race!
Excellent weather!
Hilly course through 8 miles; all downhill after that.  But the course was fantastic!

Smashed my PR by over 13 min ending up with a 2:11:10...thought I went sub 2:10 but my Garmin was off in the first mile and I wasnt sure; had I known exactly where I was I would have made the time up as I had played it 'safe' pretty much the whole way not knowing what lay ahead of me...had some interference in mile 5 as well, that took time off both mine and Crystals time, but more on all of it later.

I am just now home after a hard race/effort and then a 4+ hour drive home...I'm beat :)

Full race report sometime tomorrow...

8 comments:

YorktownRunner said...

13 minutes is smashing a PR. Great work. How'd you like the Rock-N-Roll Series. I live in VA Beach and do the Labor Day half there. The race is expensive but it's cool running with 25,000 people. Super organized. Can't wait for full report.

Anonymous said...

Nice time. Your hard work is paying off. Looking forward to seeing what you can do at other distances as the year progresses!

Junie B said...

YTR: i actually liked it alot. i had gotten in on a special so it only cost me $50 so that was nice...i will definitely do others if the opportunity presents itself :) there were only 12000 for this one and i was in 3rd corral out of 16 of them so that was nice!!!

Anon: thanks. i have a couple shorter distance races coming up and possibly doing another half in april to get closer to that 2hour mark as i think its there, i just didnt push yesterday out of fear of the unknown of the course and my ability.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! it was a fun face and beautiful course.

NY Wolve said...

Thats awesome! As a Dallas native I am intrigued by the idea of a hilly Dallas course. I'll have to check out the course!

Fe-lady said...

That's a huge amount of time to take off....! Congrats! I bet you will be pushing for a sub 2:00 soon!

Junie B said...

FeLady...yeah like maybe in April :) or at the very least in October.

NYW: man made hills but hills nonetheless...not like in Austin Texas but certainly worse than Houstons man made cement hills :) thankfully they werent steep just really long slow inclines; except for in mile 2 and 8...THOSE were much steeper in addition to being long ... ugh.

Howard Gray said...

Congrats!