Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Best of the Worst

Since we all know that you, I, and generally everyone is GOING to buy at one time or another (or every single week), the processed foods off the shelves of your grocer, I thought this was cool to look at.

I get it.  I use to be you.  I was hooked on it like a bad crack ho, and hey you can't beat the cost...but if I can do it on the cheap (more or less), then you can too...it just takes practice...

Anyway, here is a segment from Eat This, Not That.  Love their site and their phone app too...Yes I have like 13 different food/exercise apps on my phone...There really is an app for that!  For everything!

Anyway, since I will be shopping for a deli meat sometime after Lent as I like a good sandwich as much as anyone, I was glad they had that on there for me to see; I was just telling someone that today actually...

In the other categories, I agree and actually purchase the following:  yogurt, rice, snack bar, quinoa and Birds Eye for their frozen vegetables.

I however do not even buy at all: Tuna (unless its fresh and I cook it myself), cottage cheese (gross), flavored water (why?) or fruit juice (I would rather eat the fruit).

And I dont agree with or actually buy their suggestions on:  Cereal, jelly, peanut butter, soup.  I have my own that I like and actually are better IMHO.

So if you must, at least you can be a bit educated, if you werent already on some of the better of the worst.

No comments: